Hi JEAN PAUL,
I am emailing to let you know that Interview Hub has the rights to an exclusive interview with musical legend and former Beatle, Ringo Starr.
We are offering full national exclusivity rights, on a first-come, first-served basis and I wondered if you would be interested in purchasing them and the copy for your territory and readers?
The Liverpudlian has recently released a visual autobiography, Photograph, and has just completed a tour of South America and Mexico with his All-Starr Band; a group made up of fellow musical icons Steve Lukather (Toto), bassist Richard Page (Mr. Mister), keyboardist Gregg Rolie (Santana), famed guitarist Todd Rundgren, saxophonist Mark Rivera (Hall & Oates) and drummer Gregg Bissonette (Jughead).
In the interview Starr talks about his continued love and passion for performing, his ever-growing popularity in South America and his forthcoming collection of personally shot photographs.
Here are a few excerpts:
On his never-ending love of performing…
“It’s a dream for me. From 13, I wanted to play the drums. I wanted to play with good people and I’m still doing it. I still love it so that’s why I do it.”
On the formation of the All-Starr Band…
“You have to have hits to be in this band. That’s what it’s all about. We’re all the best 1/8th of the band in the land. We start with that and I need musicians as well so I get lucky when I get great musicians with great songs. So that’s how I do it. And thank God they all agreed to do it.”
On capturing his memories on camera…
“I’m just lucky I captured those moments because I got a lot of stuff over the years. So, you see a photo and instantly it brings you back, a lot of the Beatles shots. In fact, what’s more interesting to me are the shots outside the car, because we were always in the car, all four of us, going wherever we went. But when we were in New York, there were a lot of pictures of the kids looking out their window chatting to us. That was all exciting at the time.”
Interview Hub is offering the interview with full national exclusivity on a first-come, first-served basis. We can provide a fully-polished written-through feature to a specified slant and word length, or are happy to supply the piece as raw transcript.
We’ll also provide approved high-res images and profile box-outs at no extra cost.
Why use Interview Hub?
• Interview Hub is the UK’s leading resource for bespoke and exclusive interview content.
• We work with over 200 leading celebrity names each month in producing bespoke interview material.
• We offer country-wide and, in some cases, continent-wide exclusivity (the latter on request).
• We will also assist with the procurement of images at no extra cost.
• Our client list includes some of the world’s leading magazine and newspaper titles, including Hello!, Tatler, National Geographic, Cosmopolitan, Daily Mail and The Sun, as well as collaborations with the BBC, Sky Sports and more.
• In February 2013 we produced bespoke content for magazine editors in 32 countries.
• But most importantly… our journalists are passionate about creating engaging and informative content, each an expert in his/her specialism, and devoted to producing interview copy that grabs the attention of readers and enhances magazine, newspaper and online brand propositions, whatever their size and wherever their location.