The Latest from the Your Black World Network
Join us on Saturday, March 30, 2013 for “Wealth, Education, Family and Community: A New Paradigm for Black America” hosted by Dr. Boyce Watkins and Min. Louis Farrakhan at the Sweet Holy Spirit Church, 8621 S South Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60617. You can register by clicking here.
PROFESSOR ALLEGEDLY FORCED STUDENTS TO TRAMPLE ON JESUS’ NAME AND PUNISHED THOSE WHO REFUSED
This might be a dangerous and downright disrespectful thing to try, especially in the south,…
MARCH 24, 2013 | 0 COMMENTS
by Bahiya Lawrence, Esq. Many Americans opt for renting their homes/ apartments instead of buying for various reasons. Along with the benefits of renting can come the disadvantages
Reported by Malcolm Morrow In recent weeks, there have been numerous incidents of s*xual misbehaving done by teachers, students, and business professionals. The latest story to come from…
Gay men in New York City are being hit with a deadly strain of Bacterial Meningitis. So far, the disease has only been seen in men who sleep with men, and can be fatal if not treated. The disease is transmitted through s*xual encounters, making it difficult for the health department to keep track of […]
by Richard Muhammad (FinalCall.com) – The University of Illinois Chicago is teaching an unintended, painful but important lesson with its cancellation of a program to discuss Black economics, Black families and Black progress that was scheduled at the school for March 30. Dr. Boyce Watkins, a writer and analyst who moonlights as a Syracuse University […]
Antoine Fuqua is fast-becoming a legend of Hollywood. The director’s latest big time flick, “Olympus Has Fallen,” has done quite well at the box office with a strong black cast as well. The film grossed $30.5 million in 3,098 theaters, which is quite strong for an R-rated picture. The film received an A- CinemaScore […]
March 24, 20131 Comment
By Staff Blogger Berry Gordy, Motown founder and producer, prepares for the opening of “Motown: The Musical” which begins previews on Monday at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre, New York. This show is about his life within the music industry. It will show the ups and the downs, the good and the bad. It will show Gordy’s […]
By Staff Blogger According to Dr. Donald Waddleton of the United Methodist Church in Houston, Windsor Village Church, is not one of the congregations struggling with problems that seem to be facing some of the smaller Black churches in the region. Waddleton says that, “We need to move forward with a task force.” And he […]
What’s Hot in Your Black World?
- Michael Baisden Remains Locked Out of Studio: “Those are Re-runs You’re Listening to”
- Kimani Gray’s School Wrote Letter to Parents Commending His Academic Ability
- Grieving Mother Has No Doubt that Teen Shot Her Baby During a Robbery, but Relatives Say He Has an Alibi
- Michael Baisden Reportedly Locked Out of His Studio
- Why Was 13 Year Old Rapper ‘Lil Mouse’ at South Side Nightclub Where Shooting Occurred?
- The Fresh Prince’s Mother Writes a Nasty Letter to Wendy Williams; Calls Her an Oprah Wannabe
- Survey: Nearly 85% of Black Women Don’t Want a White Woman on the Cover of Essence
- Kevin Hart’s Wife Gets Measly $175,000 Divorce Settlement: He’s Worth $9 Million and Growing
- Michael Baisden Announces that He’s Going Off the Air
- 15 Year Old Keeps Her Cool, Hides in Closet and Calls 911 as Robbers Ransack Her Home
We all know that if something seems too good to be true, it usually is. Diet pills, in most cases, are no different; if you think that you…
By Staff Blogger If someone asked you what binge drinking is, you would say excessive amounts of alcohol at one time right? New guidelines that are put out…
By Staff Blogger As you get older, your libido begins to diminish. This is a part of aging. However, even if your s*x drive is as good as…
- Grandmother Goes without Medicine so She Can Afford to Call Grandson in Prison
- Did Magic Johnson Give Blood at a Charity Drive?
- Unemployed Black Woman Pretends to be White, Job Offers Suddenly Skyrocket
- Have You Seen the Animal-Eating Angolan Witch Spider?
- How Corporations Make Money from Prison Labor: They’re Happy to Have More Inmates
- Lil Wayne’s Professed Drug Addictions and Hospitalization is a Warning about the Dangers of Codeine
- Here’s a Cheaper, Healthier Alternative to Cow Milk
- Meet 11-Year-Old Musical Prodigy Malik Kofi
- Why the Founder of Victoria’s Secret Threw Himself off a Bridge
- Myth vs. Fact: 53% of Americans Don’t Have a 401k, Those Who Do Will Still Rely on Social Security