3:00 PM Documentary Film Keeping Time: The Life, Music and
Photographs of Milt Hinton followed by panel discussion
Moderator: David G. Berger with Bill Crow, Dan Morgenstern, Rufus Reid
and Joe Wilder The Legend Wall: Historical exhibit of the life of Milt Hinton Photographs by Milt Hinton from
The Milton J. Hinton Photographic Collection
January 24 – March 3 The Living Room Gallery of Saint Peter’s Church5:00 PM Jazz Vespers
with Ben Williams
7:30 PM “The Keeping Time Concert” featuring the music Milt Hinton performed and the styles of ensembles with which he performed.
Catherine Russell is the emcee.
• “The Judge Meets the Section” organized by Rufus Reid: A Bass Quintet of Milt Hinton Scholarship winners: Peter Dominguez, Fred Hunter, Mimi Jones aka Miriam Sullivan, Douglas Weiss and Sue Williams and bass soloist Elias Bailey
• Jay Leonhart
• Purchase Jazz Orchestra conducted by Todd Coolman with
Catherine Russell, Frank Wess and Rufus Reid
• Gerald Clayton, Rodney Green and Rufus Reid with special guest
• Ron Carter
• Grand Finale: Large Bass Choir (at least 20 bassists) led by Rufus Reid and organized by Ike Sturm
$25 Ticket Donation (suggested) at the Door
$15 Student Ticket Donation (suggested) with ID
$20 Ticket Donation (suggested) in Advance at:www.saintpeters.org/events/detail/821/details/
Click on “Discounted Tickets Available Here.”
For flyer with schedule, click on pdf.
Saint Peter’s Church
619 Lexington Avenue at 54th Street, New York City
(212) 935-2200 “E” train to Lexington Avenue or “6” to 51st Street
Prez Fest 2013 is made possible in part with public funds from the Fund for Creative Communities, supported by New York State Council on the Arts and administered by Lower Manhattan Cultural Council.
Produced by the Jazz Committee/Midtown Arts Common/Saint Peter’s Church
In collaboration with The Milton J. Hinton Photographic Collection www.MiltHinton.com
Press Contacts: Ike Sturm 212 935 2200 or Lynne Mueller 917 207 4953