Lennart Åberg (born February 26, 1942 in Helsingborg) is a Swedish jazz musician (saxophone) and composer. In 1972, he founded Rena Rama, a Swedish jazz fusion group. He also taught jazz history at the Royal College of Music, Stockholm. He was a member of composer George Russell’s ensemble in the 1980s along with Jon Christensen, Arild Andersen and Jan Garbarek, appearing on “The Essence of George Russell” (Soul Note 1983). In 2002, he received the Djangodor in the Contemporary Star of Jazz category. In addition to jazz Aberg also works in musical styles from India, Africa and Eastern Europe, as well as contemporary music.
- Partial Solar Eclipse (1977)
- Green Prints (Caprice, 1988)
- Seven Pieces (Phono Suecia, 2000)
- Bobo Stenson/Lennart Åberg with Bobo Stenson (Amigo, 2003)
- Free Spirit with Peter Erskine (Amigo, 2006)
- Up North (Caprice, 2007)