|Happy Holidays! The New Year is just around the corner and to help you reach your health and fitness goals I will be doing a 6-week “SexyAbsBootcamp Challenge” on twitter with @KellyRowland and we want YOU to join us! We have put together a “SexyAbsBootcamp 3Pack“ of DVD’s including Bikini Bootcamp, Power Yoga & Sexy Abs to help you kick off your New Year’s workout schedule. We will be tweeting every day the workout for the day, words of motivation and of course great healthy snacks and recipes! We invite you to join us for this New Year #SexyAbsBootcampChallenge and all you have to do is follow us on twitter @JeanetteJenkins and @KellyRowlandand follow the tips & instructions!We want to see you achieve all of your health & wellness goals and we are here to help YOU!
|Let’s do this!!! 2013 #SexyAbsBootcampChallenge | Together we can do it!!!!!
Just released and getting great reviews from testers, magazines and fitness enthusiasts is our new CardioKickboxing DVD! Another great Jeanette Jenkins -Hollywood Trainer workout with 50minutes of Heart Pumping Cardio broken down into 5 Chapters so if you’re short on time you can just do 1 or 2 chapters! The workout ends with 15min of totally body sculpting, 15minutes of focused ab work and a 7min stretch. Total Running Time is 89min broken down into 8 chapters:
- Warm-up 10min
- Power Punch 7min,
- Sidekick City 11min
- Roundhouse Power 12min
- Knockout Round 11min
- Ring The Bell Mat Work 15min
- Champion Abs 15min
- Stretch 8 min
There is also an option to play the workout with or without the music so you have the option to play your favorite songs!
Stay Fit Over The Holiday Season
Top 5 Stay Fit over the Holiday Season Tips:
- Spend time with friends by hosting a HOLIDAY YOGA PARTY. Follow a Yoga DVD or go to a yoga class. My Power Yoga DVD will allow you and your friends to relax & de-stress.
- Schedule your workouts in your agenda just like any other important meeting or event. Stop putting yourself last on the list and start putting yourself FIRST.
- Enjoy spending quality time with friends and family by participating in one of these fun activities: Roller-skating, ice-skating, swimming, hiking, or try a Salsa class. Bring your camera to get memorable holiday snapshots.
- To save on travel time, do a workout DVD at home like my new Cardio- Kickboxing. If you work out at home, you can usually save an hour or more to get other things done.
- Never give up and never throw in the towel. Even if you are not able to get a full workout, take a 15-minute walk around the neighborhood.
During the holidays, many of us get wrapped up shopping, cooking, decorating, party planning, and we forget to take a few seconds for ourselves. Make sure you don’t get swallowed up in the, “Holiday Too Busy to Take Care of Yourself Club”.
15 Ways to Pamper Yourself:
- Enjoy a sauna, steam room or Jacuzzi.
- Relax in a bubble bath.
- When you start feeling overwhelmed find a comfortable place to sit and relax. Close your eyes and calm your body by breathing slowly and steadily. Inhale, feel your lungs expand, then exhale and feel your body relax. Repeat these breaths 5 to 10 times. Or break out my Power Yoga DVD and complete Chapter 2 it’s only 5 minutes.
- Get a good night’s sleep-naturally
- Have someone give you message
- When you are out shopping take a few minutes for yourself and get a 15 minute chair message.
- Light a candle and play relaxing music.
- Do your stretching exercises.
- Get out of the house; It’s time to Play. Go snowboarding or skiing; Make a snowman and don’t forget the Carrot for the nose. Grab a buddy and go bowling or Roller-skating.
- Watch a movie
- Try acupuncture or reflexology
- Explore your inner artist: paint, take photographs, make jewelry, knit…
- Go to a quite place and listen to music that replicates the sound of nature, like chirping birds, or crashing ocean waves.
- Get a pedicure. Remember, you only have one pair of feet, and they do a lot for you, so take care of them
RECIPE of the MONTH
Pear-Pine Nut Salad
Try this flavorful Pear–Pine Nut Salad it’s a healthy holiday inspired side dish that is super easy to prepare and makes a great accompaniment with baked or grilled Chicken breast.
Pine nuts are a good source of iron and also contain heart-healthy phytonutrients and mono-unsaturated fat. You can mix up different types of nuts and seeds in your salads because they all have similar benefits. Experiment with walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, ground flaxseed, sunflower seeds, or peanuts, but always try to use the organic, unsalted varieties.
1 cup packed fresh baby spinach, washed and stemmed
2 tablespoon pine nuts
½ tablespoon olive oil
¼ small res onion, thinly sliced
½ pear, peeled and thinly sliced
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
In a sealable container, mix all the ingredients. Shake vigorously until the contents are blended. Serve as a side dish or as a snack.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
207 calories* 5g protein* 19g carbohydrates* 5g fiber* 7g fat* 1g saturated fat* 25mg sodium*
NUTRITION TIP: Stop eating before you are full. You have the POWER to control your portions. When you over eat you stretch your stomach, which is made of smooth muscle, and increase your appetite.