John Regan (bassist)
John Regan (October 28, 1951 – April 7, 2023) was an American musician, songwriter, producer, and bassist. He is notable for having been a member of ex-Kiss guitarist Ace Frehley‘s band Frehley’s Comet from 1984 to 1990 and recorded and performed with Peter Frampton from 1979 to 2011. He also recorded with John Waite, The Rolling Stones, Stephen Stills, Dave Edmunds, Robin Trower, Scandal, Billy Idol, David Bowie, and David Lee Roth. He lived in Wappingers Falls, NY.
In the early 1990s, Regan was a parks commissioner for the village of Wappingers Falls, New York. In 2006, Peter Frampton played outdoors in Wappingers Falls, New York with Regan for local residents.
Beginning in 2014, he co-hosted a Sunday morning radio show called Cafe Italia on 1450AM WKIP out of Poughkeepsie, New York. “We kicked around the possibility of a weekly radio program that focused on these timeless artists, their connection to Italian music and culture, and generally a show that would pay homage to the songs that are the “soundtrack” to many of our lives.”
Regan was part of the band Four By Fate, which saw him reunite with former Frehley’s Comet co-frontman Tod Howarth. They recorded an album together, Relentless (2016).
John Regan died at his home in Wappinger Falls on April 7, 2023, at age 71.
- Dancing in the Street (1985) – Bowie & Jagger (Single version)
- Dirty Work (1986) ~ The Rolling Stones
- Whiplash Smile (1986) – Billy Idol
- Hide Your Heart (1988) – Bonnie Tyler
- Not Fakin’ It (1989) – Michael Monroe
- Black Tie White Noise (1993) – David Bowie
- Your Filthy Little Mouth (1994) – David Lee Roth
- Ace Frehley
- Peter Frampton
- Richie Scarlet
- The Catman & The Emperor (2020)
- Four By Fate
- Relentless (2016)
- Ace Frehley
- Trouble Walkin’ (1989)
- 12 Picks (1997)
- Loaded Deck (1998)
- Greatest Hits Live (Ace Frehley album) (2006)
- Wednesday, October 28: Happy Birthday John Regan. WPDH. Retrieved April 8, 2023.
- John Regan at AllMusic
- Barry, John (Jul 28, 2006). “Frampton comes alive in the Hudson Valley”. The Poughkeepsie Journal.
- “Cafe Italia on NewsRadio 1450 WKIP”. 1450wkip.com. Retrieved 2014-07-30.
- “Tod Howarth – John Regan – Sean Kelly – Stet Howland”. Four By Fate. 2013-01-24. Retrieved 2014-07-30.
- Former Frehley’s Comet Bassist John Regan Dies. Blabbermouth. Retrieved April 8, 2023.