Dear jean paul,
As WCS’s Nigeria Country Director, I see the plight of gorillas first hand. That’s why I’m reaching out to you today with this urgent request for help: with only a few days left we still need to raise $26,755 to meet our goal.
It’s so important we have your support, jean paul. If we want to save gorillas from extinction, we must act now.
As hunting, habitat loss, and disease intensify, scientists estimate brutal, irreversible population loss. Unless things change, we will lose 80% of western lowland gorillas over the next few decades.
This is on us to fix – scientists and rangers like my team in Nigeria and compassionate individuals like you from around the world can make a difference. Together, we can bring gorillas back from the brink of extinction. Pitch in $5 or more now to fund science-based strategies that will protect our vulnerable cousins in the wild >>
Our goal is to raise $75,000 by Monday.
We still have $26,755 to raise and precious little time remaining – but I know how much people like you truly care, jean paul. I know this community can mobilize quickly when the situation is this dire.
For gorillas, there’s no time to waste.
The odds facing gorillas are bleak. Only about 300 Cross River gorillas remain, with about 100 here in Nigeria and we lose a few more every year. At this rate, Cross River gorillas could become extinct in the near future if we don’t increase efforts to protect them. And you can help by pitching in right now >>
When you donate to WCS, you’re helping power the most effective strategies we know will help gorillas survive this crisis:
- Build new protected parks in critical areas for gorillas
- Get more patrols on the ground and make sure they have all the equipment they need: uniforms, backpacks, boots, tents, camera-traps, and rations
- Improve law enforcement that fights illegal trafficking of gorilla bushmeat
- Clean up dangerous mining operations that kill gorillas by working strategically with consumers, companies, and governments to create “gorilla-certified” mines we know are safe
- Partner with local governments to keep development projects clear of gorilla habitat, like halting a disastrous superhighway through Cross River State, Nigeria that would make now-remote gorilla habitat accessible – putting every gorilla at risk
- Get local communities on board with conservation efforts including building new eco-tourist lodges that build jobs and grow local economies
With your help, we’re ramping up the strategies that address the biggest problems faced by gorillas – and we know they can work. While gorilla populations have been in rapid decline, WCS-managed parks are some of the few places they’re staying stable – or even growing.
Gorillas urgently need your help NOW. Give by midnight Monday and help us reach our $75,000 goal – and rush to do whatever it takes to bring gorillas back from the brink of extinction. Just $5 can help!
Only a few days remain to hit our deadline in time – and when it comes to gorillas, there’s little time to waste.
Your help is urgently needed, and I can’t think you enough for being part of this incredible, powerful community. Together, we will make a better world for gorillas to thrive in.
Country Director, Nigeria
Wildlife Conservation Society
If you have any questions or would like to request more information about making a gift, please write to email@example.com for the quickest response.