Le 25 Mai 2019 au Pan Piper Paris
MELVYN TAYLOR 5 Octobre 2018 au Jazz Club Etoile
- 9:30 PM – 1:00 AM
Melvin Taylor (guitare, vocal), Brunel Anderson (claviers, vocal), BT Richardson (basse, vocal), Brian T (batterie). En savoir plus
NEW ALBUM! On this CD there is something for everyone! Melvin has a love of all styles of music and we wanted this CD to represent the true picture of his vast talents. He also plays all the instruments. Check out “Sweet Taste of Guitar” https://melvintaylormusic.bandcamp.com/…/sweet-taste-of-gui…
1984-Plays the Blues for you
01 – Talking To Anna Mae, Part 1
02 – T.V. Mama
03 – I’ll Play The Blues For You
04 – Born To Lose
05 – Tribute To Wes
06 – Cadillac Assembly Line
07 – Voodoo Daddy
08 – Talking To Anna Mae, Part 2
09 – Groovin’ In Paris
Born in Mississippi, Taylor relocated to Chicago in 1962.
He joined The Transistors, a popular music group. He switched his focus to blues music when the group disbanded in the early 1980s. He found work playing in clubs on the West Side of Chicago. He often played at Rosa’s Lounge in Chicago.
During the 1980s he joined Pinetop Perkins and The Legendary Blues Band in a year long European tour. He has returned to Europe several times with his own group, which has opened for B.B. King, Buddy Guy, and Santana.
Taylor’s recordings include two albums he first recorded for a French record label: Blues on the Run (1982) and Plays the Blues for You (1984). Recordings in the United States include Melvin Taylor and the Slack Band with John Snyder on theEvidence Music label and Dirty Pool (1997). Taylor’s Beyond the Burning Guitar was recorded in Misty Creek Studios inFairfax, Virginia. He also recorded a cover of the Eminem song, “Love The Way You Lie” with the rapper, Matt Christian, at Misty Creek Studios.
- Blues on the Run (1982)
- Plays the Blues for You (1984)
- Melvin Taylor and The Slack Band (1995)
- Dirty Pool (1997)
- Bang That Bell (2000)
- Rendezvous with the Blues (2002)
- Beyond the Burning Guitar (2010)
- Sweet Taste of Guitar (2012)
- Skelly, Richard (1959-03-13). “Melvin Taylor – Music Biography, Credits and Discography”. AllMusic. Retrieved 2013-03-18.
- Du Noyer, Paul (2003). The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Music (1st ed.). Fulham, London: Flame Tree Publishing. p. 181. ISBN 1-904041-96-5.
- Russell, Tony (1997). The Blues – From Robert Johnson to Robert Cray. Dubai: Carlton Books Limited. p. 175. ISBN 1-85868-255-X.
- “Melvin Taylor – Blues On The Run (Vinyl, LP) at Discogs”. Discogs.com. Retrieved 2013-03-18.