Dear Rock Stars,
We’re thrilled with your response to our Songwriting Camp that’s running alongside our Summer Fantasy Camp. Many of you have written songs throughout the years, maybe never finished them or just need that extra touch added to it and now is your chance!
Participants in this camp will spend time and pitch their songs to all of our Grammy award winning special guests and amazing rock star counselors including: Brad Whitford (Aerosmith), Warren DiMartini (RATT), George Lynch (Dokken),Stephen Perkins (Jane’s Addicition), Stu Hamm, Rudy Sarzo (Quiet Riot),Vinny Appice (Dio) and so many more.
We will be featuring so many talented songwriters throughout the four day including our main producer and head counselor Joe Vitale will be joined by Jack Tempchinwho has written “Peaceful Easy Feeling” and co-writing their hits “Already Gone”, “The Girl From Yesterday,” “Somebody,” and “It’s Your World Now.” for the Eagles. Plus a few surprise guests will appear during the camp. This is your chance to get critiqued by the masters, improve your songs, learn the best way to pitch your songs and even have the chance to pitch your songs to all the special guest rockers and counselors.
On Satuday and Sunday evening, you will have the opportunity to perform your songs live at the House of Blues. Throughout camp and during the meals, we will be inviting our songwriters to perform. If you’re not into performing and just want the experience of writing music and lyrics, that is also okay, the choice is yours.
This is one opportunity and Fantasy Camp you won’t want to miss!
Included in the Songwriting Camp is:
- How to start a song from a melody or chord changes.
- How to know when a song is complete.
- Poetry vs. Lyrics.
- The marriage between lyrics and melody.
- The marriage between melody and chords.
- The marriage between verse and chorus.
- What tempo and feel should my song be.
- The “Bridge” what is it / why / and how to write one.
- Choosing the right instrumentation for my song.
- What is BMI & ASCAP.
- What is a publishing co How to protect (copyright) material.
- How many writers does it take to write a song.
- How to split credits with co-writers.
Call 888.762.2263 ext 5 or visit www.rockcamp.com for more info!
If you’re an Aerosmith fan, you might want to consider purchasing a ticket to their concert on Saturday night at the MGM Grand Arena that weekend.